Stone Eden Nursery
Available throughout the UK and Ireland.
Is training available?
The Stone Eden Nursery School Franchise
Be more successful with Stone Eden Nursery Schools because we take the business of providing better education more seriously.
Stone Eden is a successful nursery school organisation.
Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted; for more than ten years we have provided a stimulating and enjoyable preschool experience for children of all abilities.
Our approach is more commercial because we believe you can only offer the best nursery environment if the business supporting it is profitable and sustainable.
We have experience running both 36-place and 180+ place nursery formats, so we can support you, whatever your ambitions.
A 36-place unit can target around £350,000 to £370,000+ turnover and we’ve proven a larger unit can generate over £1million.
Why Stone Eden is a great choice
There are other nursery chains; many are excellent but others seem more interested in rapid growth than good Ofsted reports.
Stone Eden is highly sought after because:
- We are a family business and want to grow steadily with franchisees that share our passion for excellent standards alongside commercial success.
- Parents trust our professional provision of a brilliant nursery school experience in a safe, friendly and enjoyable environment more than the ‘cartoon image’ of some competitors.
- We are more flexible (because we make that work commercially), so parents can choose when their children attend, which is a particular boon to irregular-shift workers. We can also offer a healthy mix of private and government-funded places.
- Children enjoy tasty and healthy nutritionally-balanced meals because we operate a unique professional kitchen and dedicated chef.
What you could make
We’ve proven a Stone Eden unit can generate over £1million annual turnover. Daily fees per child range from about £40 to £100+ across the country; this table gives examples at £45 and £65 per day:
A better lifestyle with Stone Eden
We understand you may want a better balance between work and lifestyle in your new business:
- It’s life-affirming to make such a positive difference in the lives of so many children, their families and the local community.
- At the same time, our systems mean your daily operations run efficiently, even if you are not there.
- So you can afford to spend more days away to suit your lifestyle or to operate more than one nursery in your own local chain.
What it costs to get started
A 36 to 50 place, Stone Eden nursery can cost around £100,000 to set up; investing less is a false economy (because you can earn more if your nursery is better resourced).
Banks can loan 50% of this – so your investment need only be £50,040 before working capital and VAT.
What training will we get?
- 21 days franchisee and management training.
- 8 days Nursery Nurse Induction.
- 4 days Nursery Kitchen Training + Food Safety & Hygiene.
- Special Educational Needs training.
- Paediatric First Aid training.
- Safeguarding Training for all your staff.
Helping you make your new business a success
It is in our interest that you are successful, so we:
- Provide everything you need to set up in a comprehensive turnkey package (which includes helping you find premises and fitting it out), so you can start quickly and successfully.
- Give you support from our separate business development, compliance and teacher-development teams, including six-months’ business coaching, 22 development visits per year and 8 ongoing CPD training courses.
Will Stone Eden suit me?
Stone Eden is equally attractive to:
- Family teams where one concentrates on business development and the other takes the role of non-contact Nursery Manager (this is how we started) in a 36 to 50 place nursery.
- Investors that want to operate one or more nurseries of any size, leaving day to day operations to their team and concentrating on business development (this is how we operate now).
- You only need good organisation and management skills; we will train you in everything else.
Try before you buy
We offer a three-day taster programme so you can get to know our business BEFORE you make the final decision to sign up to our franchise. This way you can double-check that Stone Eden is right for you before taking the plunge.
What happens next?
Simply complete an enquiry form or book onto one of our enjoyable monthly Discovery Days and we’ll help you learn if joining us is the right decision for you, your family and/or your fellow investors.